As a web developer at Surge you will work on a wide range of products, from simple prototypes to large systems with a global reach. You will work with the CTO to design database and systems architectures and work as part of a team with other web and mobile engineers to plan and deliver projects to fit requirements.
You must have at least 3 years experience working as part of a team in a professional environment and have already been part of a team that has worked on multiple projects from conception to release.
You must be keen to keep up with the latest advancements in your field, including both hardware and software advancements. You should have one ear to the ground in relation to libraries, frameworks and other services that could aid your working process.
You should be keen to learn from and teach others, whether they be in our office, at conferences or online.
We take pride in building quality products and we will expect you to uphold those standards.
- Demonstrable experience building REST APIs
- Understanding and experience with RDBMS like MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Understanding of NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Experience with front-end tooling, such as, Gulp, Webpack, npm.
- Knowledge of SOLID principles and coding standards like PSR-1, PSR-2, etc.
- Experience with using 3rd party APIs
- Knowledge and experience with Git version control system
Nice to have
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with TDD
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and QA processes
- Basic knowledge of Linux server administration
- Experience with using cloud services like Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services
- Experience of working with docker containers & virtual machines