Business Development Manager
About the role
Surge is a rapidly growing technology company we consult, advise and build products for other businesses - we have a need for professional sales leaders to join our successful team.
The Role is mainly an outbound sales role, although you will be expected to manage and convert inbound and existing leads. You will manage the full sales cycle from the suspect to close. Given we are a software business technical knowledge is not essential but advantageous in being able to advise our clients on best practice and value solutions.
Your role is B2B development, you will manage your own pipeline and be expected to report on a monthly basis. You will have the ability to earn uncapped commission on all sales you close.
You will manage your own lead generation, and ensure leads are well qualified with excellent customer service.
- Salary - up to £40k depending on experience with on-target earnings of £95k.
- Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00.
- Based at Surge HQ - Newcastle city center.
- Full-time with Commission, Permanent.
- Immediate start
- Yearly salary increases in-line with inflation
- Personal tech budget to help you get setup how you want
- Ample learning resources budget to help you continue to grow
- Modern city centre office with fully equipped kitchen
- Frequent company socials
- Flexible remote working policy
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays + Christmas shutdown period
- 3% matched Pension contributions
- Perks discount program
- Outbound calls to build your pipeline
- Manage internal leads and referrals through your own pipeline
- Manage your pipeline and maintain all details of customer contact in CRM
- Manage deals at proposal stage and coordinate with key team members to deliver proposals to customers
- Manage current and ongoing sales with long term customers
- Present and Pitch proposals to customers
- Report on and achieve your targets and KPI’s
- Network in region and nationally for lead generation and awareness
- Highly motivated to achieve your goals
- Great at managing your workload
- Meticulous in customer detail and service
- Great with and can manage CRMs effectively
- Work under pressure to deliver
- Fantastic with customers and have great communication skills
- Well networked
- At least 6 years experience in Service led sales with a demonstrable track record of hitting targets
- Driving license essential